Interesting statistics worth noting from Retail Forward’s monthly ShopperScape report:
- Consumers received an average of 2.5 gift cards/gift certificates per household this holiday season, and purchased nearly the same number to give as gifts.
- The average total value of all gift cards/certificates received per household was $142.
- Eighty-six percent of shoppers at least did some online shopping and almost three-quarters of them made gift purchases online this season. Not surprisingly, according to the report, online shopping increases with income.
- Six out of ten shoppers at least shopped for holiday gifts at Wal-Mart but only about one in five ultimately bought holiday gifts at Wal-Mart.
- More than forty percent of all Wal-Mart gift shoppers thought that other retailers offered promotions and sales that were just as attractive.
- KC's View: